EWP Silvercard: The Reputed Elevated Platform Licence for NZ
Make sure that everyone on your worksite who will be operating or working on an elevated working platform (EWP) has the proper elevated platform licence for NZ. Working through the EWP Silvercard program, it’s easy to ensure that each employee has the training and certification necessary to do their job.
What You Can Expect from EWP Silvercard Regarding Elevated Platform Training in NZ
Nearly 20 years ago, the Hire Industry Association of New Zealand (HIANZ) developed the EWP Silvercard program as a source for elevated platform training in NZ. Ever since, our program has been providing top-tier training and compliance help to organisations and professionals throughout the country.
Through our program, you can expect:
- A reputable proof of competency: The Silvercard is a widely recognised and respected certification in the EWP industry. It is absolutely a valid elevated platform license in NZ.
- Training options spanning multiple EWPs: EWPs take many different forms. The Silvercard program offers training courses explicitly geared towards many of them, including scissor lifts, vertical lifts, self-propelled booms, trailer-mounted booms and truck-mounted booms.
- Qualified trainers: Our trainers bring ample industry experience to the table, as well as extensive knowledge about safety best practices, regulatory requirements and more. Find a trainer near you, either on the North Island or on the South Island.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding an Elevated Platform Licence in NZ
As you start your search for elevated platform training in NZ, keep these common mistakes in mind and take care to avoid them:
- Assuming that one Silvercard is suitable for all EWPs: We offer different courses for different types of EWPs because they don’t all work the same way. Operational tactics, safety practices and even regulatory requirements differ depending on the lift. If you have someone who will be operating a scissor lift and a self-propelled boom, they should obtain Silvercard training for both.
- Settling for lesser certifications (or no certifications at all): Demand that all EWP operators have training and certification, and not from just any program either. The EWP Silvercard is reputed and renowned for being the highest quality elevated work platform license in NZ. To ensure the safest and most compliance worksite, ensure that your workers have the best certification available. The Silvercard is that certification.
- Not being aware of compliance requirements: Before undertaking any EWP work on your project site, you should familiarise yourself with what legislation requires on this front. EWPs are instrumental pieces of equipment for a wide range of project types, but they can also be a safety hazard if not used correctly. Becoming familiar with the compliance requirements will help your business on several fronts, including planning for training and certification.
About EWP Silvercard
EWP Silvercard may be the name of our training program, but we are the gold standard for EWP training and certification in Australia. Our roots with HIANZ, our focus on compliance and safety, our commitment to employing the best trainers and our versatile array of courses all help set us apart from other programs that offer some form of elevated platform licence in NZ. Contact us today to learn more.